Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My horrendous experience with Athlean X

Readers,

From my personal experience with Athlean x it is my personal opinion and advice to NOT support them and promote and encourage the staff's behavior by buying their products.  The staff has had complaints about not answering emails, when contests are announced the results have been delayed by as much as several months and if you disagree with their opinion ATHLEAN X'S STAFF WILL MAKE UP LIES ABOUT YOU AND NOT OFFER ANY PROOF TO BACK IT UP.   In addition, as it is my right as a consumer to post a factual and opinionated review of my experience about Athlean X when I informed them of this fact THEY TRIED INTIMIDATION, HARASSMENT AND THE THREAT OF LEGAL ACTION against me if I posted my actual experience about them.  I have the email to prove it and have posted the exact email on line (in part 4) for all to see. 

The only good part to my experience was I was issued a refund after the initial refund window was closed because Athlean X did not want to fulfill their obligation to be by providing me updates for life.  Only after I issued the ultimatum of either the updates or a refund did they grudgingly issue me a refund. Although they no longer offer the free updates for life, when I foolishly bought the program March 2010 that was one of the selling points they had on the website.  I do not know when it was changed and taken off.  

It is also my opinion that the idea of "no need to count calories" that's offered in his diet plan is not only stupid but a gimmick.   Losing weight and losing body fat are two totally different things.  The Athlean X system does NOT address this distinction nor do they show or tell you how to monitor it.  The Athlean X system, in my opinion, is extremely elementary.  It's geared towards the ones who know absolutely nothing about nutrition, diet or exercise.  I was extremely foolish for falling for the sales pitch, which is actually very convincing.

You can get a cheaper option for less money with probably much, much better results.  Head over to Burn the fat, feed the muscle by Tom Venuto.  He is a VERY respected natural body builder that has authored several diet books that are filled with useful and insightful information for which ever goals you have....maintaining, bulking, or getting ripped.   As far as the principles employed by Athlean X and the Athlean X TNT videos you can spend MUCH less money by buying any one of the books at X-reps.com.  Not only are the same principles covered in these books...they are better explained and offer even more advanced principles and techniques.  They have several books available with most being on sale for $19.99 or less.

It is my opinion that you will be wasting your money by buying the Athlean X system or their TNT videos when compared to the X-rep books and the Burn the fat, feed the muscle diet book.

I highly encourage every reader (and even Jeff because I doubt that Jake had informed him of everything going on between me and his company) to read all 4 parts.  If anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer them.  I do moderate the comments, so don't waste our time by posting nonsense because it won't be publicly posted.

Skip to the very bottom and read the introduction and work your way up from part 1 to part 4.  I edited the names and replaced them with initials.  As you read, remember.....this may be you next time.  Maybe not with this company, but perhaps a different company.  Would you want the other consumers supporting you if YOU were the one who received horrendous customer service and then was indirectly threatened with legal action if you posted a factual, actual review of your experience?  Don't be fooled by the flashy sales pitch.  Things are NEVER as good as they appear to be.  Trust me, save your money and head to the websites I mentioned first and see for yourself.